Search This Blog

Monday, January 12, 2009

Bloody fingers and Burning muscles

Well, my fingers weren't actually bleeding and my muscles weren't in flames, but I think you can get the idea. After not having played my guitar for way too long, doing so for two days in a row was a little hard on the fingertips. I really need to get those callouses back. It didn't help when I decided to use my Total Gym right afterward, which is something else that I hadn't done in way too long, and all that blood was rushing to my fingers. Ouch!

After picking my guitar up again, I was amazed at how quickly I was able to get back to playing the same stuff I was before. Our brains and muscle memory are pretty awesome that way. I'm also thinking that I need to write another song. It's been about a year since the last one. It's one I wrote as a Christmas present to my parents, but they still haven't heard it yet. In being critical of my own work, I decided that I needed to "fix" it somehow before I played it for them. I've changed my thoughts on that. It's how I wrote it for a reason and after a year delay, I'm ready for them to hear it.

As far as the work out thing goes, I wasn't that sore afterward which surprised me. I guess I didn't push myself hard enough. At the time though it felt like I was. I get some exercise from my job, but it's not enough. I was thinking of playing in the men's basketball league at my church this year, but I'm not positive about it. The open gym we had last week had me realizing that I haven't played any games with nine other full size guys in awhile. I'm thinking it may not be the best thing. As an alternative for finding a way to get some exercise and meet new people, I'm considering joining the YMCA. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: