Search This Blog

Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's Over #2

I know, the title is pretty lame. I haven't posted in all this time and I'm using the same one as before. The title fits though, so I'm keeping it. This time around there are quite a few things that are over. I guess the most obvious is 2008. Yep, we are now in 2009 and it's almost time for me to celebrate another birthday. I ended up bringing in the new year with some good friends while spending the time playing some interesting games. All I can say is that I'm totally awesome at "Things".

Once again, a UC athletics team is making it into a post. This time around it's the football team. They had a great season. It was exciting seeing them win the Big East conference and the comeback against Hawaii. That game had me about ready to go crazy. I was expecting them to have a good game in the Orange Bowl, but it didn't happen. It was a really rough night for Pike and they weren't able to capitalize on the chances that they had. I'm still excited though about the progress that they've made and I look forward to where the program is heading. I also have the great college basketball season to pay attention to now, so here's to conference play and the all important March Madness.

There are also some new things going on. I just recently moved into a new place. It's a 3 bedroom townhouse that I'm sharing with a couple of friends. We have a nice sized living room area with 2 large televisions, all 3 of the latest game systems, and a bunch of movies. It's going to see it's first crowd in a couple of weeks when I have a party for my 35th birthday. The thing is that I definitely don't feel 35 at all. I just took some age quiz thingy that told me I'm really 26, so that's pretty awesome.

I'm now on Facebook. I delayed doing it for quite awhile, because I have a MySpace account that I very rarely use and didn't see a reason for signing up on another networking site. One of the students I know from church moved away and it turned out that Facebook was going to be the easiest way to communicate with him. I'm glad I started up a profile. I've actually been able to look up some friends that I haven't seen for a long time.

I've also recently started another season as a coach for a coed youth basketball league that my church participates in through the local YMCA. I'm coaching with the same guy that I've worked with the last couple of years and I'm in the 10-11 age group again. We've had a few practices already and I'm looking forward to our first game.

I had no idea when I made my second post that it would be so long till my third. Utilizing this blog though is something that I'm going to be working on. I really don't want to call it a New Year's resolution, because those things always seem to be things that people come up with but rarely actually do. I think it's kinda crazy how we can wait till Jan. 1 to make positive changes in our lives, that would benefit us whenever we decided to start working on them. However, I do know the importance of having plans for goals and setting a date is a good thing. So, the blog needs to come to life, I need to get back to playing my guitar regularly, and I need to start reading again. That's just a few things on the list. Hopefully, you can think of some things that you might want to work on yourself. Here's to you and I and the road ahead!

No comments: